Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Galvanised chasis  (Read 1048 times)

Bulldog67

• Arthur Daley: Graduated
  • Guru
  • Guru: -936
  • Vehicle: Man Sized Old Iron
  • Anti Colour Truck Mafia - I'm The Fuckin Daddy
Galvanised chasis
« on: February 08, 2010, 08:22:43 PM »

ok, will stop bein lazy and stick this where it shoulda gone in the first place:

Found a recommended Galvanising Company on another forum i use, offering a chassis galvanising for £350 + vat, this includes blasting and prep and the hot dip galv.

What, if any. would be the long term advantages of coughin up dosh for this?

Is it gonna greatly enhance the life of a prone to rust FSJ?

Waddya think?
Bulldog's 22+ trucks: http://www.birtydastards.com/frm/index.php?topic=20288.0 :025:                                   :headbanger: 401 Dog * 401 Molotov :headbanger:  
Civilise the mind but make savage the body  :027:           Im only responsible for my karma :059:

Dave The Sparky

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 4
Re: Galvanised chasis
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 08:55:17 PM »

The chassis will outlive you but it will make any future welding work a right pain i know because i had my Cjs chassis done.
it cost me £60 for the shotblast and £120 for the dipping which makes £350 sound dear but having said that the price of zinc etc will of gone up since 5 years ago.
Still waiting for it to start flaking due to the cjs flexibility but its held up so far.
3.0TD (proper fuel) Toyota powered CJ6, 1981 4.2L "Montana" blue CJ8,1982 "Cack" Brown CJ8 slowly getting a Chevy V6 and a lot of welding...
Pages: [1]   Go Up