Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TJ radiator hose replacement  (Read 991 times)

Brachunky

• Guru
  • Guru: 2
  • Vehicle: Wrangler TJ 4I6
  • Year: 1997
  • Brachunky
TJ radiator hose replacement
« on: May 19, 2015, 10:43:21 PM »

Been looking at Rockauto for a set of radiator hoses for the tj but I see they show lhd and rhd variants :017:
I would have thought they would have been the same but bow to those who know better :icon_winkle:

Jonny Jeep

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 11
  • Vehicle: TJ 4.0 Sport
Re: TJ radiator hose replacement
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 09:16:22 AM »

The rads are offset to opposite sides to clear the steering gear which is why the hoses differ. I don't know about the lower hose but a LHD upper hose fits with a little trimmed off the length.

I see Rockauto now have RHD lower hoses. They didn't when I last needed one. They don't specify RHD on any of the upper hoses but pics of the Dayco, AC Delco and Gates upper hoses look like the one I used. The other ones look different so I wouldn't buy any of them based on the pics.

Found an old post. I paid £18.50 (about 2 yrs ago) off ebay for a LHD upper hose and trimmed 1 3/8" (35mm) of the rad end. Lower I got from the dealership but forget what that cost. Here's a pic I have that shows LHD/RHD upper hose difference.

Brachunky

• Guru
  • Guru: 2
  • Vehicle: Wrangler TJ 4I6
  • Brachunky
Re: TJ radiator hose replacement
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 10:48:25 AM »

Cheers Jonny for posting the photo's-can's get better than that :icon_winkle: The lhd one actually looks better fitted than the original!
Pages: [1]   Go Up