Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making Things Easier  (Read 8382 times)

Rikk

Making Things Easier
« on: May 12, 2006, 11:37:02 AM »

Looks like I'm going to be on crutches till oct/nov time and using the hand controls permently soooooo, I need to try and make some things a little easier so to the questions.

I can't use the horn atm as I'd either need to let go of the break/accel or of the steering wheel, neither would be a good idea. I was thinking of locating a push switch on the left side of the wheel in the plastic cover that houses the cruise controls. Where your thumb rests on the top of this plastic section would you know if there's enough room to get a small switch in there??
Also how easy would it be to route a cable to the centre horn switch from here??

Next one, indicators. I'm only using them sparodically atm again due to my hand not always being in the right place to use them so I need to locate a switch on the hand controls.
I'm not going to be able to get it to turn itself off so I'll put on a three pole switch and turn it off manually, how easy is it to get to the needed contacts on the stalk to take feeds off for this switch?

Thanks in advance.

Oh yea, anyone know a decent auto electrician who'd do the work in Essex, someone who'd come to me would be even better :)

BIGDRY

Re: Making Things Easier
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 04:04:12 PM »

Hi Rikk, did you find anyone? i could do with some help on some electrical stuff in essex.

Dutch

• The Curator
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 12
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 04:23:35 PM »

Holy moly thread revival ..................... « on: May 12, 2006, 10:37:02 AM »

I would think he's thrown the crutches in the ditch already  :hysterical:

Jeepless :-( 2006 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster 3.2 V6 - 1993 Yamaha FJ1200

UKJeeper

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 06:02:59 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up