Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wheel alignment on my wk  (Read 1158 times)

jeepp

wheel alignment on my wk
« on: January 13, 2018, 07:53:58 PM »

Bloody kids... Was watching him do the job out of curiosity.

And noticed he'd selected jeep Cherokee kj.

Took a while till older fella came out and changed to wk.

Always check don't just assume they know what they are doing.. then they struggled to do the job without my assistance..lol..
Af sockets I said he said what's Af?
Could tell they was annoyed at my presence but what shit job would they have done if I wasn't there?

Then he told me it should be £100 . Apparently £50 is for basic alignment then £25 for caster and £25 for camber...

I told him over phone what I had done... Changed lower arms... Price stayed at £50...

bgbazz

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: Was a KJ, now a VW
  • Year: 2003
Re: wheel alignment on my wk
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 09:42:15 PM »

Like most of the rest of us, I shake my head in wonder!! How do these people ever stay in business?

Quick little story from me...

MOT time, last year....same garage for the past 5 years, but new tester (to me) on the grid. Did all the basic stuff; lights, tires, emissions etc and then came to the brake tests. Started the rollers and did the basic stuff...no problems so far...big bang!! and the car shot off the rollers!!

His response?....why didn't you tell me this as an AWD 4Motion? My reply was.. why didn't you check the vehicle file, or look at the cars badging (clearly marked as a 4Motion)?

Result....1200 pound repair bill for them, 2 weeks driving a new BMW X6 thingy for me...actually managed to put about 4 miles on the clock...but has led me to make sure I am looking over the shoulder of anyone testing my cars in the future.

Funnily enough, my Golf (the one featured in this post) will be going in for her MOT shortly, at the same garage, sometime this coming week, or so.

Stay tuned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up