Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2002 WJ O/L ride height question  (Read 1082 times)

allante666

2002 WJ O/L ride height question
« on: March 05, 2015, 11:37:21 AM »

Soo.. every time I park next to another WJ Overland I always find mine sits lower at the back end. Has anyone got the definitive measurement from rear wheel centre to bottom of wheel arch?  I seem to recall that the 2002 Overland sits about an inch higher than the Limited as it has the upcountry suspension on it? I also read that it should measure 17 and a half inches. I measured mine expecting to see like two inches short and mine is 18 inches.  So, Do I constantly park next to Jeeps with a lift kit or is mine sitting low?  I do have a pair of heavy duty rear springs which are only three months old but I havent fitted them as theres no point if its not going to change anything.  Anyone have any ideas?

thorna

Re: 2002 WJ O/L ride height question
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 06:32:01 PM »

I thought exactly the same when I had an '02 overland v8; it seemed lower than all others.
I thought the rock rails may have tricked the eye into thinking the body was lower as I never measured it.

allante666

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 10:16:22 PM »

I was looking at the back bumper height and also the gap between top of rear tyre and wheel arch. I make a point of parking next to another one when possible (as you do) and every time it seems mine is low.

tedthefed

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 4
  • Vehicle: JLUR
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 09:53:00 AM »

When I had the Grand O / L  it sat 1 inch higher than the Limited version. Cant find the build spec sheet so unable to check. 
opps didn't see that
Pages: [1]   Go Up