Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carpets!  (Read 1069 times)

djrr6

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: CJ7 AMC 360 5 gear wobbly thing
  • Year: 1981
Carpets!
« on: August 20, 2014, 11:41:07 AM »

Now I already know the 'proper' off roaders are rolling their eyes reading this as a carpet is traditionally something that collect mud until it's ripped out however I am looking to put an aftermarket one in the ugly TJ as I don't intend to use off road and wondered if anyone had previously bought one ?

There are a couple of different types on e blag and haven't rung lightys yet but they advertise the glue down / Velcro type that I have previously put in the CJ but having paid for the more expensive version it still didn't fit right and looked an arse

I'm not massively concerned about the look as the TJ will never win a beauty contest but it would certainly help if someone has previously installed a good one as I know I'm not buying expensive crap

Cheers

djrr6

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: CJ7 AMC 360 5 gear wobbly thing
  • Year: 1981
Re: Carpets!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 12:04:53 PM »

Well the bottom listing has sold and the middle listing carpet is apparently in a 'bad way' so looking at the pictures I would hope it was oil on it not blood!

I checked the listing for the guy selling parts on here from his Sahara and thought carpet was gone but will check now cheers!

j33pky

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 03:01:12 PM »

Got mine for the j20 from rock auto.   Seems fine and was only £160 delivered with all duty paid.   

ivanidea

• Expat - Livin' the dream...
  • Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: Jeep Wrangler JL - 2dr Willys
  • Year: 2021
  • Florida
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 10:56:34 PM »

Will have to see if I've still got any of my old TJ carpets (grey) in storage.
Current Jeep: 2021 Willys 2dr 3.6 Auto. Sarge Green + Tan Top.
Former Jeep (USA): 2016 Renegade 2.4L 75th Anniversary 4WD Auto.
Former Jeeps (UK): 2000 Cherokee 2.5TD Sport Manual, 2001 TJ Sport 4.0 Manual, 2008 Liberty 2.8CRD Limited Auto, 2011 JKU 2.5CRD Limited Auto.
Pages: [1]   Go Up