Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: front top control arms needed.  (Read 979 times)

georgen

front top control arms needed.
« on: July 27, 2014, 06:37:21 PM »

Has anyone got any front upper control arms sitting around for a TJ, just being out playing and have crushed mine so bump stops are fouling springs, also can anyone take a picture of the axle bracket that the control arm fastens to as-well as its collapsed so I need to know what shape it was from front view, I will add pics to show you.

dtooth

Re: front top control arms needed.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 07:38:14 PM »

Oh bugger btw the axle bracket is meant to be straight sided I filled mine with some steel to box it

best pic I can find

georgen

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 07:43:08 PM »

Cheers for the pic, yes I will be strengthening it up once back to correct shape as once bent it will try to bend everytime it gets a bit grief.

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 09:34:52 PM »

I've got some standard upper arms you can replace those bent ones with. I'll PM you details. If you are doing that kind of damage you probably want to insider updated items.

bigjeepzj

• Club Member
  • Guru
  • Guru: 22
  • lift it, brake it, Fix it brake it, fix it again
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 09:40:49 PM »

best get upgraded ones  :iagree:

georgen

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 10:48:16 PM »

Cheers James but Ive found some local new to replace and get front back where it should be, I will measure them up before fitting and get some made up, the bracket will get straightened and strengthened aswell, here is the said hill but before I done the damage.

pics

And the said hill

georgen

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 09:02:59 PM »

Well new arms are on and also fitted the spacers to correct the front height with the winch. quick question today will be with the lift I have if I put adjustable top control arms on, they would have to go longer yes, the reason I ask is that the geometry of the front end looks miles out as in spring path and bump stops line. also noticed it only had standard length bump stops in so fitting new ones of those too. also re-enforced the axle bracket.
Pages: [1]   Go Up