Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rusted Spring seat OMG!!  (Read 1620 times)

ikebaddog

Rusted Spring seat OMG!!
« on: July 24, 2016, 04:37:43 PM »

Just started to fit a 2" budget lift kit to my 1998 Tj, the offside rear Spring seat is rusted! Quite badly, in fact, it's falling apart, I have refitted spring and will run it for rest of summer, but it won't last long, what's my options?! I can't weld, can it be repaired or do I need a new rear axle??, also, both top bolts sheared whilst trying to remove rear shock, I have cut 2 35mm holes in the rear tub to gain access, I was just going to drill out and fit longer bolts and fit nuts, any better ideas??
On a side note, the Skyjacker lift instructions come with instructions on how to find Jesus!!!. I now know why!

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 14
Re: Rusted Spring seat OMG!!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 05:22:55 PM »

All weld  on  bits that be done for you by a friendly Birty or other torch wielding guru. Nothing to worry about.
Numerous places sell the parts. One place that sells heavy duty weld on bits for a TJ axle is Dan at Ruffstuff specialties. Worth a look even if you don't buy anything....

ikebaddog

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 06:25:50 AM »

What's it like getting stuff sent over from ruffstuff? I've had a look and they have just what I need, cheers Wildwood

wildwood

• The 1 Tonne Kid
  • Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 14
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 08:06:33 AM »

I and other Birtys use a shipping co. Called Bundle Box.

You have an account with them and a postal address with the important  zip code. In Knoxville.
Most US suppliers send free to addresses in the lower States.......Ruffstuff tend to have deals,on holiday weekends that that will email to you.....sometimes 20% off or free shipping.

Once at Bundlebox you get an email and then fill in a form what it is and weight and value and they charge you via PayPal and within 5 days UPS are arriving at your door job done.

ikebaddog

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 08:26:26 AM »

:icon_super:

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 04:48:34 PM »

I've ordered from RuffStuff directly, it was pretty sensible but the exchange rate was better then  :icon_rolleyes:

Dave69

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 15
  • Vehicle: CJ-7 4.2 auto
  • Year: 1979
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 09:29:38 PM »

exchange rate is a killer for shipping, plus bundle box are now not as cheap as they used to be.
XJ 2.5 diesel - dead. XJ 4.0 6" lift - sold to some lucky person
CJ7 4.2 auto standard(ish)
Alfa 147 jtdm

kspjeep

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 10:54:52 PM »

I've got some on my parts shelf, did mine a couple of years ago and bought two pairs, make me an offer by pm if your interested.

ikebaddog

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 11:04:26 AM »

Pm sent
Pages: [1]   Go Up