Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JGC 2.7 CRD WJ, NON Starter from Cold  (Read 1320 times)

gavo80

JGC 2.7 CRD WJ, NON Starter from Cold
« on: October 20, 2014, 10:26:19 AM »

Hi All

Please please can someone help me??

I have trawled the inter web and keep getting mixed information with regards to my issue, i am new to this but i hope to find a Jeep Wizard/s who can help me out.

Right.....

I have a great 2.7 Crd WJ (Merc Lump) on a cold start (first thing) the car just turns over an will not fire up and will start with the assistance of cold start sprayed into the air box.

I have had the high pressure pump serviced and resealed, fuel filter changed (plus full service) and changed all the glow plugs and found 1 duff one.

Once she is running it drive with no issues, pulls like a train with no lack of power or loss of MPG (AV 30mpg), but say for instance i pop to the shops (20 min drive) turn the motor off and fire it back it takes quite a few turns for it to fire up, it almost feels like its starving of fuel but then fires up???.

Also i don't know if this is coincidence but my drive is on a steep angle, but when i park it in my garage (which is on a flat) the car will fire after a few turns (not all the time though)

I hope i have explained in as much detail as possible, and that some wizard out there can help me as this is doing my head in and i feel like i am hitting a brick wall every morning!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Gav

Dutch

• The Curator
  • Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 12
Re: JGC 2.7 CRD WJ, NON Starter from Cold
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 10:36:26 AM »

Jeep Wizard/s who can help me out.

Hi Gav,

You come to the right place because plenty of those around..... and some ex 2.7 customers  :003:

Low pressure pump and all plastic (possibly porous) fuel lines & connections/terminations spring to mind.

Other will be along shortly....no doubt.

Jeepless :-( 2006 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster 3.2 V6 - 1993 Yamaha FJ1200

Wildfire

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 11:28:31 AM »

Gav

Sounds like your having either Air in fuel, or Syphoning issues.

the most likely place will be the 'leak-off' pipes from the injectors return via the Fuel Filter - have a look at the pipes - plan to change em out - as they get brittle with age!

My WJ CRD sits on a 45deg runway and has no problems - so far!

have a look at the fuel lines LP & HP - they are clear and sometimes you'll see air bubbles coming thro. - again the fuel connections are a pain to remove, so don't try  to reseat just ensure you have a new line ready to fit.

Hey Good Luck!

gavo80

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 11:35:23 AM »

Cheers Dutch,

This is properly doing my head in now..... but hay the joys of motoring i suppose!!

I will have a look again at all the fuel lines and double check the connections

:icon_sad:

Fizz

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 07:08:09 PM »

Posted this somewhere else but replace all the o rings on the fuel lines especially if the pump and filterlines have not been done already. Get the merc o rings superior to jeep part no for merc see in here http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101142

be careful with the clips too. I get mine replaced every so often on the filter end.
Pages: [1]   Go Up