Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mot Time once again  (Read 1799 times)

demonicwillow

Mot Time once again
« on: March 12, 2008, 03:20:29 PM »

Well, the cherokee is going up today at 3pm for its test, after a catastrophic failure a short while ago hopefully bit better news today, although I will never take it to an ATS place again ever (in a panick) after they ripped thru it with a pry bar and not the correct corrosion tool so I found out, should have complained really.

Dave69

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 15
  • Vehicle: CJ-7 4.2 auto
  • Year: 1979
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 08:11:03 PM »

MOT testers are not allowed to use a screwdriver to stab bodywork as it will go through normal metal if pushed hard enough. they are allowed to scrape but even that is a grey are on "how to scrape".

id rather have a solid jeep than a jeep with rot especially when the tub is twisting off road
XJ 2.5 diesel - dead. XJ 4.0 6" lift - sold to some lucky person
CJ7 4.2 auto standard(ish)
Alfa 147 jtdm

demonicwillow

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 08:42:05 PM »

Dont mind em finding rot, I can put that right no probs, but he smashed at it with a prybar, he also said the front brake pipes were well rusty and you cant even see them behind the protective shroud, the front pads were supposed to be worn less than 1.5 mm there is at least 5mm on each pad the metal guard over the fuel tank filler is part of the chassis, yeah right, oh and the steering damper was totally shot, tuh, complete incompetent idiot ... i agreed that the rear springs were splayed and a hole in the rear drivers sill but the rest was just vandalism.
All I did for today was put on new springs weld the sill, weld the hole he punched thru the back end and took it in a different mot station, passed perfectly, didnt even get an advisory, so Im well chuffed.

Manda

• AKA Dangerous Doris
  • Founder
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 0
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 09:51:06 PM »

Theres a whole shitload of MOT-testing-wankers out there. I'm glad it passed.  8-)
AKA Dangerous Doris

MOCAJ

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 4
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 11:55:04 PM »

Quote from: "Manda"
Theres a whole shitload of MOT-testing-wankers out there.

im with you on that one  8-)
short term jeep owner since 2005, every truck is a never ending project. Birtys, the best club in Jeepland
Pages: [1]   Go Up