Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: where is the parking sensor module on a Grand Cherokee  (Read 4168 times)

Jmctle

where is the parking sensor module on a Grand Cherokee
« on: October 30, 2014, 12:47:56 PM »

Hi guys, my first post on here!

I recently purchased a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  A few days ago I fitted a rear bull bar and now notice that its causing the middle two parking sensors to go off...  I want to disable the middle two...  what's the best way?

does anyone know where the module is located where the 4 parking sensor wires come together?

I am really pleased with the car, there are a few pictures on my website!  www.jtccc.wordpress.com

jay140285

Re: where is the parking sensor module on a Grand Cherokee
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 02:17:49 PM »

I cannot recall where it was on our WJ V8, have ypou checked right under the rear bumper?

Website looks good and some nice machinery on there.

What is it you do?

Jmctle

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 03:27:30 PM »

I cannot recall where it was on our WJ V8, have ypou checked right under the rear bumper?

Website looks good and some nice machinery on there.

What is it you do?

Thanks.  I have looked under the bumper but I cant see it...  I will wait a while to see if anyone has come across it before I take too much apart!

As for what I do...  retired now, have been for a few years.  Started out as a Rolls Royce and Bristol mechanic though, hence my love of cars (and bikes) and engineering in general.  Moved out of that field many years ago though as there is little money in it, moved into IT programme management which paid a bit better!  still a mechanic a heart though!

jay140285

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 03:34:54 PM »

Sound like a real passion. I noticed your in the Midlands?

One thing I has with my sensors (this wont help lol).

Ours packed up, but after having both the heads off and skimmed and rebuilt due to a dropped valve they worked again. Like I say no help, but maybe something is up the top end.

tedthefed

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 4
  • Vehicle: JLUR
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 04:43:14 PM »

Try behind the rear lights or even the footwell or under the rear seat. get put in funny places.
opps didn't see that

Mike Pavelin

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 07:23:19 PM »

The sensor kit is aftermarket so the module will be wherever the geezer who fitted decided. It wont function unless all 4 sensors are connected.

bluevanman

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2014, 09:26:50 PM »

could be wrong but I think mine is in the passenger side rear post

Jmctle

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 07:36:38 AM »

Well I found it...  It was behind the interior rear side panel on the near side.  It was easy enough to get to.  I was unable to disconnect any wires though....  I may have to reposition the sensors and make a couple of dummy ones to fill the holes where the old ones are...   

Or fit a reversing camera!
Pages: [1]   Go Up