Birty Dastards Jeep Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Revive Engine Cleaner  (Read 7558 times)

gregwho

Revive Engine Cleaner
« on: March 25, 2015, 01:49:04 PM »

Anyone ever used the Revive Engine Cleaner before:

http://www.gsfcarparts.com/987aa8230

Just wondered if its worth the ££ and if it really does clean as they advertise.  My WJ CRD is a little bit smokey and feels a bit underpowered so thought i'd give this a try

Cheers

gazjeep

• Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 9
  • Vehicle: TJ - Der Panzer - CBR
Re: Revive Engine Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 02:11:37 PM »

Have used the Power enhancer stuff a couple of times in my diesel Touareg (100k miles of which I have done 80k) & the fuel economy does show a slight improvement & it does feel a little sharper, dont think it is the plaseebo effect.
Taking ya girl to heaven & back

gregwho

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 03:04:35 PM »

Sounds like it'll do something then!  Gonna bite the built and give it a try

Green Jeep

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 06:28:07 PM »

Defo worth running cleaners through Diesel engines, especially if they are used on short trips a lot, a good run and hold in a lower gear than normal will help and prevent future issues...

Example, had a DPF light flashing.... put cleaner in, drove at high revs for 10 miles, lot of shit burnt out of the system, DPF light went out and has not come back on 12 months ago....

Happy days

gazjeep

• Marshal
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 9
  • Vehicle: TJ - Der Panzer - CBR
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 06:53:38 PM »

This is the stuff I have used http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/news/bg-244-for-diesel/

Need to shop around for offers on it
Taking ya girl to heaven & back

gregwho

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 10:01:08 AM »

This is the stuff I have used http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/news/bg-244-for-diesel/

Need to shop around for offers on it

Thanks for that link - I read all the information on their webpage, and it all sounded scientific and plausible!  So, i've bought the diesel cleaner and the oil flush (prices were the same direct as anywhere else, plus they did 24 hour tracked delivery for £1.59!).  I'll get a bottle of the turbo cleaner at a later date, and I think all of that will cost less than the revive stuff.

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
  • Guru: 1
  • Vehicle: JK
  • Year: 2010
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 10:36:08 AM »

The stuff Gaz lists has had some good reviews written for it. I should probably give mine a blast through.

All I have done to try and achieve a similar effect is filled up with v-power diesel when towing the trailer so the extra cleaning agents in the fuel combine with me revving the nuts off it towing too fast and holding in lower gears up hills. Hopefully it does as much good as the harm from my abuse.

XJ Fan

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 2
  • Vehicle: XJ TD
  • Year: 2001
  • nulla tenaci invia est via
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 12:09:26 PM »

I remember running some 10K Boost through the intake on my cars about 10 years ago - load of black crap came through the exhaust. Didn't know if it was burning crap out from the engine, or if it's just how the product burns - either way, I've not tried anything like that since. I do add acetone to my diesel though; like to think it helps.
'94 mk1 XJ 2.5 TD (dead)
'01 mk2 XJ 2.5 TD (my daily drive)
'97 ZJ 4.0 limited (dead)

georgen

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 04:17:57 PM »

Any diesels I have, I run low ash 2stroke oil mix in them, keeps them clean, quite and lubricates the fuel system. I also see if its possible to blank the egr as these were designed by Satin himself.  :icon_twisted:

bgbazz

• Guru
  • Guru: 0
  • Vehicle: Was a KJ, now a VW
  • Year: 2003
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 05:55:25 PM »

Any diesels I have, I run low ash 2stroke oil mix in them, keeps them clean, quite and lubricates the fuel system. I also see if its possible to blank the egr as these were designed by Satin himself.  :icon_twisted:

:iagree:....just make sure you use the mineral 2stroke...not the synthetic version.

bgbazz

• Guru
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 06:24:22 PM »

The stuff Gaz lists has had some good reviews written for it. I should probably give mine a blast through.

All I have done to try and achieve a similar effect is filled up with v-power diesel when towing the trailer so the extra cleaning agents in the fuel combine with me revving the nuts off it towing too fast and holding in lower gears up hills. Hopefully it does as much good as the harm from my abuse.

Diesels need to be worked hard to get the best out of them...keep the oil pressure, temp and revs at the top end of the green and you should have nothing to worry about. Low readings in all of the above will slowly clog and kill them. Some quicker than others!

georgen

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 06:25:31 PM »

:iagree:....just make sure you use the mineral 2stroke...not the synthetic version.

Thankyou for adding that, I forgot to mention  :icon_redface:

bgbazz

• Guru
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 06:43:33 PM »

I expect that there will be a few people on here who might disagree with that method, but I stand by what you, and many others, including myself, know to be true. Using the 2stroke oil in the diesel gets rid of the noisy start up sounds, makes starting quicker and easier and adds a much longer life to the fuel pump. It lubricates all the moving parts in the fuel system and that can't be a bad thing!

XJ Fan

• Forum Member
  • Guru: 2
  • Vehicle: XJ TD
  • Year: 2001
  • nulla tenaci invia est via
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 08:15:52 PM »

Linky to product please.
'94 mk1 XJ 2.5 TD (dead)
'01 mk2 XJ 2.5 TD (my daily drive)
'97 ZJ 4.0 limited (dead)

georgen

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 08:41:31 PM »

I totally agree, engine smoother all round and it lubricates the whole fuel system, people get worried about DPF getting blocked, but 2 stroke oil burns cleaner than diesel, it also burns hotter so you get a better burn so a cleaner more efficient burn, some go on about better mileage but I've never noticed this but I guarantee you would tell the difference in smoothness and noise level within 15 minutes of adding it.
There has been quite a lot of research in Germany with it and it was all good results. Ethanol which is blended into our fuels now, hold water so can cause the fuel system to corrode from inside out causing increased wear, who can remember all the vehicles that had fuel pump and injector failures when they first introduced Ethanol into fuels, manufacturers had to use different materials and special coatings to combat this problem so in my book anything that helps is good.
No doubt there will be some that disagree but I've used it now for around 2 years in our lasses car which was mine before that, its a 1.6 tdci focus 90 bhp estate, first thing I did was service it, second was Egr delete, then started adding 2 stroke oil, then added tuning box and vehicle has just passed 122K and runs as smooth as anything I've drove and our lass does about 60 miles a day around the doors with work, so a lot of short trips.

This is the oil I use
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COMMA-2-STROKE-MINERAL-ENGINE-OIL-5-LITRES-TST5L-FREE-TRACKED-POST-/181680078580?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a4cf9fef4 

big g

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 09:01:26 PM »

50/1 ratio like me chainsaws or different?

Yakko

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 09:02:59 PM »

I used Tesco's own 2 stroke low ash mineral oil in my old Land rover, really did make a big difference.

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 09:29:37 PM »

I might try it, what quantity / ratio do you use?

What are the benefits of deleting the EGR? I'm new to diesels but know where to get parts to do this on the WK.

georgen

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 09:39:24 PM »

Ratio 1-200 but some use 1-250 and just in case that's 1 part oil  :hysterical:

On the EGR delete, some engines/managment systems don't like it so you would have to do some research, but basically in laymen terms, an EGR valve puts a small amount of exhaust gas back into the inlet manifold, so basically soot and carbon and nasties back into the clean intake of your engine, wont take long to build up with crap would it.

JamesH

• Club Member
  • Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2015, 10:05:22 PM »

No, and mines on 129k miles so probably clogged to buggery

bgbazz

• Guru
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 06:09:08 AM »

50/1 ratio like me chainsaws or different?

I'm very precise...about a teacup full for my 90 litre tank. Fill tank to about half, pour in the oil, resume filling the tank.

Yakko

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 09:19:28 AM »

I used to stick 250ml in a tank, simply because I had a 250ml bottle.

gregwho

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 10:55:57 AM »

I like the sound of putting the oil in too - up to now i've just accepted that my diesel is a noisy, rattly tank and nothing could change that.  Although I quite enjoy people running scared from the fumes when I start up in the morning, its probably not great for my health, so...

My plan is to put the Archoil AR6400-D Pro Diesel Cleaner in first, then the Archoil AR2820 Professional Engine Flush (followed by oil change) and then fill up and try out the 2-stroke oil idea.  At some point i'll get the turbo cleaner as well.  Hopefully all that will add up to a nicer sounding, nicer smelling, nicer running truck, albeit still a tank  :greggmo:

I'll look into the EGR for the WJ 2.7 CRD's and see if theres anything around on doing that so that the ecu doesn't throw a wobbly.  I cant see why anyone thought it would be a good idea to stick exhaust back into a clean intake.  I bet it doesnt reduce the harmful crap our diesels chuck out that much

gregwho

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 10:58:55 AM »

...and just to check on my maths for the oil - ive got a 78lt tank (from a quick google search anyway), so I would need to put about 390ml of 2 stroke in to give me the 1:200 ratio.  On the link george put, that would mean you get about 13 fuel fill ups for each 5 litres of 2 stroke

Yakko

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 11:05:55 AM »

I'd pass on the engine flush if it was me. I've had engines that were only water tight due to the gunge inside keeping it together...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up